I so enjoyed meeting all of you on Thursday! I know a lot of you were nervous. I want to make sure that you all know that being nervous about the start of our school year is perfectly normal. I am nervous too. There is a lot of new things that we all have to learn. We will work together and support each other as we go. You are not alone!
Just a few reminders for the parents:
If you haven't already please send in a departure schedule for your child. It helps me at the end of the day to make sure everyone gets home safely. If you do not know your childs bus number you can go to http://www.nbcs.k12.nh.us/index.php/food-services/8-default/81-school-bus-schedules to find your child's route and bus number.
Most of the information you need is on our school site. I will add some direct links here to try to make things easier.
The doors of the school open at 7:45 and will close and lock at 8:00. If you enter the building after 8 your child must go into the office to get a tardy slip to bring up to class with him/her. If you as a parent are helping out in the school you as well, must sign in at the office and get a visitors pass.
Walkers/Car kids will be dismissed at 2:10
Bussers and after school program kids will be dismissed at 2:15.
The first week we will have 6th graders helping us get to our departure destinations to help with the transition.
Lunch accounts: You can add money to your lunch account directly by going to http://www.sendmoneytoschool.com/ also if you are in need of a free or reduced hot lunch application you can go to http://www.lunchapp.com/
The first few days are very much about learning our school, routines, rules, and expected behaviors. Your child may not have a lot to share with you about their day. When asking questions be very specific to help guide them to share.
1. What was the best thing that happened at school today? (What was the worst thing that happened at school today?)
2. Tell me something that made you laugh today.
3. If you could choose, who would you like to sit by in class? (Who would you NOT want to sit by in class? Why?)
4. Where is the coolest place at the school?
5. Tell me a weird word that you heard today. (Or something weird that someone said.)
6. If I called your teacher tonight, what would she tell me about you?
7. How did you help somebody today?
8. How did somebody help you today?
9. Tell me one thing that you learned today.
10. When were you the happiest today?
11. When were you bored today?
12. If an alien spaceship came to your class and beamed someone up, who would you want them to take?
13. Who would you like to play with at recess that you’ve never played with before?
14. Tell me something good that happened today.
15. What word did your teacher say most today?
16. What do you think you should do/learn more of at school?
17. What do you think you should do/learn less of at school?
18. Who in your class do you think you could be nicer to?
19. Where do you play the most at recess?
20. Who is the funniest person in your class? Why is he/she so funny?
21. What was your favorite part of lunch?
22. If you got to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you do?
23. Is there anyone in your class who needs a time-out?
24. If you could switch seats with anyone in the class, who would you trade with? Why?
25. Tell me about three different times you used your pencil today at school.
I am so excited for tomorrow. Get a good night's sleep and have a nice breakfast and I will see you in the morning.